Friday, October 13, 2017

Seminar: Children's and Young Adult Books on the 21st October at the Sandton Library

The Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators in Gauteng is planning to host a seminar on Children's Books and Young Adult Books on the 21st October at the Auditorium at the Sandton Library in Gauteng. The seminar is for illustrators and writers - aspiring and published - and features a number of writings about the power of dreams and hard work. It promises to be stimulating, thought-provoking and motivating. Many thanks to Jenny Hatton, the organiser of SCBWI events in Gauteng.

Cost:   Early bird payment by 13th October: R100 for SCBWI members, R200 for non-members
            Payment at the door: R150 for SCBWI members, R300 for non-members
RSVP: to Jenny at SCBWLSAGauteng@mweb.co.za

Jenny was also kind enough to invite me to speak at the event, and my topic is "The marketing of self-published books: a tough exercise for a shy person." People who know me in real life are probably aware that I do a very good imitation of a hermit, which makes it hard me to be out there  marketing my works. So I'm going to share some strategies and tactics that I have used. Hopefully, this will help the participants, whether they are self-published or not.

Download the seminar programme here.

The seminar features a lot of people whose work I admire in there, so if you are going to be in Gauteng during that period, do yourself a favour and attend.


Tea and coffee will be available, but participants are asked to bring their own lunch boxes.

No comments:

Copyright Notice

With the exception of entries specifically credited to individual authors, the content on this blog is copyrighted by Damaria Senne and may not be reprinted without permission.